Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Client Story - A $300,000 Phone Call

Nearly 18 months ago a cancellation letter came across my desk for one of my long time clients. I thought it was a bit odd and decided I would give him a call to find out why he was canceling his insurance.

During our conversation he advised that he had been diagnosed with Cancer and due to the cost of his treatment and medications could no longer afford to pay his premium. Thank goodness I decided to give him a call!

As it turned out our client had a life and trauma policy for a significant amount of money. I pointed this out to my client and he admitted he had forgotten what a trauma policy covered. I proceeded to explain that trauma cover pays a lump sum benefit upon the diagnosis of a specific illness including cancer.

My office contacted the insurer that day and within 10 weeks our client received his benefit of over $300,000 which greatly helped him and his family. When my client first contacted me he was not very hopeful of making a recovery, indeed the doctors did not hold much hope either. Since receiving his money and greatly reducing the financial stress he has since advised me that things are looking better.
While I don't claim that his improvement was a direct result from his financial gain , it did ease the stress he and his family were under and allowed him to concentrate on his treatment and recovery.



My point in sharing this story with you is to highlight how I work for you, my client. My job is not only to put a protection plan in place for my clients, but also to manage and maintain that plan and provide any assistance to my client on an ongoing basis. This however does require a degree of regular interaction, including annual reviews and keeping in touch with our clients.

You will notice over the next 12 months that we have introduced a new review process which will require our clients to complete a review survey. The survey should only take about 5 to 10 minutes to complete but it is extremely important that it is completed and returned every year so I can make sure that I am giving you the best service and advice that all my clients deserve.

Of course if our clients need to contact us they can call our office on 02 4925 6125 during business hours Monday to Friday or they can contact us via our website by visiting www.waynelenna.financialwisdom.com.au and clicking on the contact us link.

No comments:

Post a Comment