Did you know?
- Off all cancers, melanoma makes up 9.5% of all cancers, with more than 10,300 cases diagnosed annually.
- The risk of being diagnosed by age 85 is 1 in 15 for men and 1 in 24 for women.
- In 2008, there were 1,430 deaths from melanoma.
- Melanoma risk increases with UV exposure - particularly with sunburn, and especially during childhood,
- The chance of getting melanoma rises for people with:
- depresses immunity
- a first degree relative who's had melanoma
- a history of melanoma or non-melanoma skin caner
- fair skin, freckles, light eye colouring, light or red hair and burn easily
As well as slip, slop, slapping, it's important to cover ourselves against illnesses like melanoma by having comprehensive trauma insurance. Trauma Insurance offers cover for skin caners like melanoma, making it ideal for the people of this sunburned country.